Social Justice Leadership Certificate
We are connected through multiple social networks, from Twitter to Instagram to Facebook. We are meeting people that we would have never met before, both on campus and on the internet. But even as we connect, we encounter differences in one another. And sometimes we don't know how to bridge those differences. How do we explore and celebrate our differences, while also confronting privilege and oppression?
The Social Justice Leadership Certificate Program (SJLC) is a year-long interdisciplinary program that will explore issues of social justice for those who are interested in being agents for positive social change.
- The application for the certificate is open (Tuesday, September 5, 2017) and will close on Friday, September 22, 2017, at 4 pm.
- Students accepted into the certificate will be required to attend the half-day retreat on Saturday, October 14, 2017, from 9:00 - 1:00 pm.
- Following meetings will be from Noon-2pm in Coffman Memorial Union (Rm. 303) the first Friday of every month. Lunch will be provided.
- Students will develop an Action Project based on an area in which they would like to create meaningful change.
- Completion of the Social Justice Leadership Certificate Program students will receive a notation on their Engagement Record.
If you have questions, please contact Multicultural Student Engagement at email@example.com